[AccessD] Programmatically creating relationships

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Mar 27 12:38:38 CDT 2007

I am starting the process of migrating a large database from Access to SQL
Server.  One of the things I have to do is go find all the places where
relationships were missed / couldn't be established for some reason and get
them in there.  I am doing this offline first and being the meticulous guy I
am, I want to be able to build up a program that does much of this stuff so
that as I document what has to be done, I also have code that will do it the
next time.

For example, I have written a function that finds orphaned records in a
child table and deletes them out.  What I need to do next is establish a
relationship between the parent / child.  I can write that code but have
never done so and would use borrowed code if anyone out there has a lib of
such relationship oriented functions.  Given a parent table / PK and a child
table / FK, establish a relationship.

Does anyone have that?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting