[AccessD] references and errors

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 1 13:55:58 CST 2007

There was an old problem with MDAC's or installs of Access 2000
overwriting Access 97  DAO 3.51 with 3.6 and then DAO 3.6 losing its
registration

Method : Reregister the Dao360.dll file

To reregister these files, follow these steps:1. Click Start, and then
click Run.
2. Type regsvr32 followed by the path to your DAO file. Enclose this
path in quotation marks.

For example, to register the DAO 3.6 library, use the following command:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO360.DLL"

If the Dao360.dll file is successfully registered, you receive a message
that is similar to the following message:

DllRegisterServer in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\DAO\Dao360.dll succeeded.

Mark A Matte wrote:

> Sorry...forgot to change subject...
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I have an A97 db that users run reports out of...number of different
>> machines...same db.  New machine won't run of compile...errors on
>> "Set dbs=CurrentDB".  Error says restricted word or function or uses
>> Automation not available in Visual Basic.  The only difference I can
>> see is the new machine has a reference to DAO3.6 and the other
>> machines have a DAO3.51 and I can't set a reference to 3.5 on the new
>> machine.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mark A. Matte