[AccessD] Suitability of Access For Task

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Tue Mar 6 19:56:44 CST 2007

Hi Larry,

Your spec seems a little odd to me but I would be going for a stand
alone exe, not Access for this.
You might want to prototype in Access though ;-)

How close to real time do you need for your monitoring?
Why the temp table, why not monitor the source?
On point #3 it seems that only 1 barcode can be live in the system at
any time?

cheers

Michael M

Hi Folks:

I have a possible project that will need to:

1. Monitor a dbase table for changes, when a certain event is seen, read
an ID number and print it in EAN128 barcode format.
2. Monitor another dbase table for a specific event, then write an ID
number to a temp table.
3. Scan the barcode from #1 and compare it the ID number from #2 ... If
they match, write success codes to a table, if they don't, display error
and write info to a table.

Given that this app will have to be running 12-18 hrs per day; it will
usually have to deal with 30-50 of these events per day, should I be
looking to write it in VB.NET?

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
www.lcm-res.com