[AccessD] Access 2007

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Thu Mar 15 20:01:33 CDT 2007

So be it.

Arthur

----- Original Message ----
From: Charlotte Foust <cfoust at infostatsystems.com>
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 7:16:27 PM
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Access 2007

You're missing my point entirely because you're focussing on "users" and
the end product.  The end product (a database app) is used by users, and
they can have any little ribbons and bows their hearts desire because
that's what they pay for.  My job is to make them happy.

*I'm* griping about the fact that it's hard for a developer to find the
bits and pieces THEY need in the welter of window dressing intended for
end users.  Access has always had a split personality because MS always
insisted it was targeted at end users, a direction that most of us in
this list would argue.

I don't want to create a database using an on-line template, thanks.
And I don't want to have to chase down the tools I need because some
genius decided a Tools menu was too "unfriendly" for end users.  There
should be a simple way to switch the environment to "developer" mode and
allow us to get on with our business without having to put up with all
the Mac-lookalike elements in what used to be a great RAD tool and has
now become a video game!

Charlotte Foust