[AccessD] Troubleshooting network issues

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 20 19:42:29 CDT 2007

This method will identify the possible machines that might have a bad NIC.

Then a quick and dirty test to identify a bad NIC is to
download a large text file to the machine say 50 - 100 MB
from a server and use a stopwatch. A faulty NIC will have a large number
of retransmission errors so will be say 50% slower.
Some newer NIC's store the number of these type of errors in
a onboard cache that is readable externally

You might try one of the utilities from
http://www.sysinternals.com
or wherever MS has put them now.

--