[AccessD] OT(kinda): Crack Code

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:11:34 CDT 2007

Thanks Gary,

I found them...they haven't called back either.  I have determined(I
think)...that is is impossible to rebuild the relationships in these tables
due to how the key is used.

A customer is created...with this type of key.  Then images are scanned in.
Each image gets its own key.  Then when the user relates the scan to the
customer a record is created in a seperate table storing the cust key in 1
field and the scan key in another.  Oh and did I mention...there is a record
in the same table where the relationship itself gets its own key.  All keys
appear to be created with the same algorithm.  So I can have 5 records with
the same relationship key, but different scan and cust keys.

This is just silly.  They are out of business...but were pulling over 10 mil
USD a year.  Guess they thought "WOW...suckers bought it...lets run away
while we can...Hahahaha."

I almost want to crack the algorithm just to say I did...but I don't think
it would be of any use.

Thanks anyway,

Mark A. Matte

P.S...But if anyone has any ideas...the analyst/geek in me still sees it as
a challenge.