[AccessD] OT(kinda): Crack Code

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:25:32 CDT 2007

This thing reminds me of the crypto toy at the end of the Davinci Code(8
little wheels with letters and numbers).

I think the sequence is jumbled as well.  In trying to solve I started
dissecting a looking at individual characters.  I looked at the 8th(last
character) for frequency.  The distribution didn't make much sense(listed
below).  So I looked at the least, "C" to try and isolate a pattern...and
found it was only the last char on 9/12/2001 and 9/19/2001...and not for all
of the records.  I might pass it on to the University...but I'll probably
just let it die...like it should have a long time ago.  The only reason they
are still using it is that no one understood the relationships of the
tables.  After I discovered that the fields OBJID in the different tables
were not necessarily related...and that the 1 table with 2 keys in it...was
actually related to itself 3 or more times...we made leaps and bounds...for
the first time they could say definitively that they were missing records.

Any way...thanks again everyone.

Mar A. Matte

LastChar	Count
1	151767