[AccessD] SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Mar 25 12:16:41 CDT 2007

Hi William

Which frontend would you use for that, and how would it connect to the SQL Server 2005 CE?

/gustav

>>> wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com 25-03-07 19:04 >>>
...as I see it, the major hang-up with SQL Server Express is the size of the
installation and that it runs as a service which complicates user
installation and maintenance ...SQL Server Compact is "compact" and installs
as a couple of DLLs ...its upward data compatibility makes it ideal for some
tradeshow floor and scanner apps that I currently do with third party tools
...now I can move them to my own design/code and the data will move between
them with a lot less problems.

William Hindman