[AccessD] NCT terminals (was: Zipcodes within a radius)

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Mar 27 11:31:08 CDT 2007

Hi Jim,
IIRC Gustav pointed me to this solution a couple years ago. They are a true
dumb terminal as they have no processor or drive and they do work as
advertised.

Install the software on a host computer. Add multiple users to the host
computer. Transfer all files and settings to the users login on the host
computer (If necessary). Disconnect KB, mouse, monitor and Ethernet from the
old PC and connect them to the terminal box. Turn the terminal on and
connect to the host pc. everything from there is as if you were using the
KVM directly connected to the host pc. Sound is available but I haven't used
it.

The only issues that I've run into is with the network infrastructure - it
must be somewhat up to date. Fast user switching is not available (doesn't
matter to me as I don't use it in business settings). It will only utilize
the traditional windows login screen not the new XP welcome screen (again
not an issue with me as I don't use it in business settings).

I haven't tried these via wireless yet but would appreciate any one who
could share their experiences with that.

John