[AccessD] Function references produce #Name? error

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Mar 28 06:31:44 CDT 2007

Hi John

Could be that a reference is missing. Go to menu Tools, References and check for MISSING.

/gustav

>>> j.r.porter at strath.ac.uk 28-03-2007 12:09 >>>
When I installed an Access 2003 application on a client's machine, I
found that, if the control source of a text box is an expression
including a function reference (e.g. Ucase('a')) the text box displays a
#Name? error. This happens even if I choose to 'unblock unsafe
expressions' when opening the app., or set macro security to low.

Functions evaluate correctly in VBA code. In a new app. created on the
client's machine, function refs. work OK in a text box, and if I import
the objects from the problem app., everything works fine.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could suggest an explanation or
solution of this problem.

Regards,

John R. Porter
IT Services