[AccessD] Inventory Tracking

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 29 06:56:02 CDT 2007

IIWM, I would set up an "item" table, a location table, and an ItemLocation
table.  The item table would simply list the items that can be in inventory,
the location table would list possible locations that items could be, then
the ItemLocation table would list what item was in what location.  That is
the basics.  Inventory counts would then consists of counts of the
InventoryLocation table.  You could get counts by location (how many
"things" are at a location), counts by item (how many items exist
somewhere), and counts by itemlocation (How many items are at a specific
location).

Then take it from there - date added to location, date drawn from location
etc.

I have never done an inventory module either BTW so take that with a grain
of salt.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting