[AccessD] Form or Subform Dirty

Gale Perez galeper at gmail.com
Thu May 3 18:59:12 CDT 2007

Hi!

I have a form/subform and am trying to determine whether it is dirty, but
"it" isn't seeing the record as having been modified whether I say "Me.Dirty"
or the syntax below.  I am not getting the message box to fire.  I would
greatly appreciate any assistance.  Here is the basic code:

If Me.mysubformname.Form.Dirty Then
    If MsgBox("Do you want to save your changes?", vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
         'do whatever

    Else

         'undo changes

    End if

Else

    'do whatever

End if

Once I get the message box to fire, I anticipate having problems changing
the subform controls and wonder if Me.Undo, or the MS suggestion ctl.Value =
ctl.OldValue, or if I would have to include a reference to the subform.

Thank you very much for any advice.

Gale