[AccessD] VB.Net - Progress Bars

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat May 12 08:40:12 CDT 2007

I need two progress bars, one for displaying the files I am processing, and
one for displaying the progress processing records inside of a file.

My question involves where to display this progress and how to feed the
individual bars.  The progress info is coming from two different classes,
neither of which is the form class.  Would I raise events and have those
events sunk clear back on the form class, or would I pass in references to
the progress controls to the classes, or would I make public variables which
hold pointers to the progress bars and allow each class to update it's own
progress bar?

How do you guys do this?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting