[AccessD] Which Windows version (was: VB.Net - seeing the messagebox)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue May 15 04:26:16 CDT 2007

Hi Jim (and John and Robert)

Because the workstation version is optimized for workstation apps like Access and VS and the use of these, and the server version is optimized for server apps like SQL Server, IIS, or Exchange.
The kernel is the same and a server version can be tweaked for workstation use and vice versa, but why waste time on this when MS has done this for us?

We all have our preferences, but claiming that WinXP is "less stable" or that Win 2003 "is better" than the other Windows 5.x versions is doubtful. Based on experience from our clients which run Win2000/XP on 99% of all workstations, these run rock steady. I just checked, and we've only once seen a blue screen of death on these machines and that was caused by a malfunctioning ram module.

/gustav

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 14-05-2007 18:47 >>>

Why is having a server as a desktop not a good idea?