[AccessD] Bibliography db

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Tue May 22 17:41:15 CDT 2007

Some of you know that I write non-fiction for children. Non-fiction requires
a lot of footnotes and although Word keeps up with them Okay, the whole
routine is taking more time than I think it should. The reason is that the
manuscripts must be clean -- no formatted footnotes, etc. That means, I have
to copy them all to another doc and then delete all the numbers in the
document and renumber -- then I have to make copies of the source of each
note and check before submitting -- and that alone takes about half a day.
There has got to be an easier way so it hit me today -- why not my own db?

What I'd like to do is relate the fn numbers in the text to a record that
contains the actual text and a scanned copy of the resource text. Then, all
I have to do is print a report for a quick visual scan.

I can save a scanned page as a Word doc, which treats it as a pic file, not
true text.

I'm just kind of thinking this over in my head. I don't even have any
questions, just wondering if any of you have any advise for working with
scan docs?

Susan H.