[AccessD] Go to today

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed May 30 10:18:57 CDT 2007

It's been a while since I've done an Access FE and I'm rusty. Here's the
situation. There's a table whose data includes stuff from a few years back
and up to mid-next-year (events, already-occurred and scheduled to occur). I
want to open the form on the closest date >= today. There is also a filter,
by Employee. The form begins with all Employees but should you elect to set
the filter, then it's scoped by selected Emp. But I still want the date
thing to work.

In the combo-box for Emp filter there's a union with an "All" case at the
top, which choice simply wipes out the existing filter on Emps (if any).

I do NOT want to filter out the events prior to today. I just want to open
the form at today or the nearest date beyond today, and I also want to
respect the Emp filter.

Advice?

TIA,
Rusty old Arthur, who has been spending way too much time in SQL Server to
remember all these fancy shenanigans. :)