[AccessD] Lock-screen inside an Access app

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu May 3 07:33:56 CDT 2007

Thanks, JC. My friend is an occasional visitor to this group, and has been
here enough to know some of the more frequent names. I told him when he
asked that you and/or Shamil would know how to do this. I'm forwarding your
message to my friend now.

I'm not sure how, in the absence of an entire framework, he should create
the wrappers for mouse-move and click, but maybe the keydown will be enough
for his requirements.

So it would work something like this?

Form is hidden. Timer sees no keystrokes for say 10 minutes, then makes the
form visible in dialog mode. Counts password attempts to three. If still no
valid password, then Application.Shutdown; else hide the form and let the
user proceed.

I'm a tad concerned about the timer continuing to operate while the user is
using the app. Won't it interfere with things? On the other hand, I can't
think how else it might work, since the user could conceivably walk away
leaving the cursor in the middle of some field while he was adding a new
customer or something.

Arthur