[AccessD] Acrobat 8 Standard opens instead of Acrobat 7 Reader

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed May 9 22:39:32 CDT 2007

Hi Dan,
While installing Acrobat ver 8 Pro I saw, but paid little attention to a
message that all adobe reader software would be (or possibly "should be")
removed. This could possibly be the cause of your issues.

BTW this is pretty off - topic so please post this type of question to
DBA-tech in the future - thanks.

HTH,
John Bartow, President
Database Advisors, Inc.
Email: mailto:president at databaseadvisors.com

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Dan Waters

I have a client who uses my system to sometimes open acrobat files (via
hyperlink).  Both Reader 7.0 and Standard 8.0 are on his PC.  He has set an
option in Standard to normally have files open in Reader.  But when he opens
using my system the file will open in Standard.

Is there a way I can do something about this?  Perhaps open Reader first and
then the file?