[AccessD] OT AJAX question

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu May 10 15:18:07 CDT 2007

I would have to see the Javascript that is doing this

Generally this would be set in the encoding parameter of the XML
PI Processing instruction, there are about 30 of these some dependant
on the Windows codepage. SQL Server or Access punts it out in UTF-8 even
without
including a PI. There are ways to transliterate between encodings using ADO
streams. It can also be determined by the BOM  marker at the start of
the file.

In your case for Unicode encoding, you would want something like
this XML PI

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

http://www.geocities.com/pmpg98_pt/CharacterEncoding.html
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q275883/

XML Encodings

MSXML supports all encodings that are supported by Microsoft Internet
Explorer.
Internet Explorer's support depends on which language packs are installed
on the computer; this information is stored under the following registry
key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Charset

xml example

<character>
    <chr>í</chr>
</character>
<!-- ISO-8859-1 encoded (Windows Code Page 1252?) -->
<!-- It must have the correct encoding declaration -->
<!-- The special char will display correctly on system that suport that
codepage -->

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.