[AccessD] Great SMOKEY MOUNTAIN AccessD Conference Dates

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu May 10 16:35:42 CDT 2007

Well, since you were the only one to propose a date, June 23rd it is.

ATTENTION ALL ACCESSD MEMBERS, on the weekend of June 23rd, Mark Matte and I
will be having an AccessD conference at my house in Hudson, NC.  Anyone
interested in attending should speak up so that I know how many to plan for.

Anyone who wishes to make a presentation please say so, so that I can make a
schedule.  Individual presentations should be 45 minutes to 1 hour.  If you
have a topic that will take longer, no problem, simply break it down into 1
hour segments.  If you have something really cool that will only take a few
minutes, again no problem.  The agenda will be sessions from 9am to noon,
1:30 pm to 4:30 pm on Saturday.  I can and will provide enough material to
fill up that time should there be no takers on presentations, but in the
interests of YOUR sanity, consider doing a session on your own subject of
expertise.  If there is enough content, we can spill over into Sunday, 1/2
day or a full day, your choice.  If there is HUGE attendance and resulting
HUGE content then we can spill over to either weekday on either side of the
weekend.

Remember, all I do all day is blow bubbles and poke at Charlotte with a
stick, so I am flexible.

If the number of attendees is small enough, it will be held in my dark (but
dry) basement (I have lights, and a few windows, but it is an unfinished
basement).  If attendance is really small, we will meet in my office
upstairs.

As for the most important issue... I have a largish propane BBQ and will
provide a BBQ dinner on Saturday the 23rd.  Donations accepted but never
required.  The menu will be Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts a la Sam's
club, a rack of ribs (more if a large turnout), Corn on the cob, sweet
potatoes, potato salad and green salad, and whatever I can rustle up for
desert.  If anyone wants to bring or fix something special of their own,
feel free.

There was a lot of interest for a date in September.  I will do a repeat
performance in September if there is still interest.  Someone propose a date
for September.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting