[AccessD] Constant for quote characters?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat May 12 16:04:49 CDT 2007

Force of habit, perhaps. But if I use constants then I can't wrap them
around a string, so then let's suppose that I call the constants Q and QQ,
then I still have to write Q & string & Q, which I guess is ok but for me
q(string) is clearer. It probably runs slower, too, but I'll pay that small
price.

Back in the old days, there was another way around this, where one could
create virtual functions, which would get translated into in-line code by
the compiler, thus avoiding the performance hit. Perhaps that's why I
gravitated to that style. I grow old.

A.