[AccessD] VB.Net - seeing the messagebox

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:14:54 CDT 2007

That is true John, but you ought to consider running your VS on an XP box to
help avoid other security issues from 2003.  2003 is an excellent OS and one
that we had not had many issues with, however I don't use this OS for
anything other than a strict Server OS.  That means nothing that is not
Server related, (Sql 2000/2005 only).

One thing you can consider is to install VMware Server (free copy) and use a
product like VMware Converter (also free) to create an XP OS on your
server.  You can then install VS on there and run it on one of the cores for
your 64 server.  (choose 1 instead of two so that you can allow the Sql
server to utilize as much CPU as needed for cpu intensive process.  Also
place the Virtual Disks on a disk not utilized by your sql server, I
remember you had segregated everything... even a Usb2.0 drive will help
here, where you install your vmware machine to that usb2.0 drive to help
maintain performance on the vmware machine and not take any away from your
sql server functions (such as those required for the high intensive reads,
ie, imports/exports).

my two cents (both the products I mentioned are provided free of charge from
Vmware)

--
Francisco

On 5/14/07, jwcolby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:

> ROTFL.  I am using SQL Server 2005, which is the primary mission of the
> box.
> And the SQL folks said XP on a server box is not a good idea.  I moved to
> Windows Server 2003 and fixed problems I was having with SQL Server.
>
> So there ya go.  2003 it is on this and my other SQL Server box.
>

> John W. Colby
> Colby Consulting
> www.ColbyConsulting.com

-Francisco