[AccessD] From your friendly moderator

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Mon May 14 15:04:04 CDT 2007

We seem to have let our standards slip recently regarding posting topics to
the appropriate lists, and regarding cross-posting. Can I just remind
everyone that we have a specific SQL-Server list, one for VB, one for Visio,
a dba-Tech list for other IT matters, and an OT list for non-IT matters (see
http://www.databaseadvisors.com/lists/whatandhow.asp )? Please make more use
of these other lists and try to limit AccessD to Access stuff. I know that
AccessD is the main list, but SQLServer and VB particularly have many
members and are specifically geared to answering questions on those topics.
If you have a question which belongs on one of the other lists I urge you to
please post it on the appropriate list first. If you don't get the response
you're after and believe that reposting to AccessD will help then of course
you're going to, but you should then append "(originally posted to dba-xx)"
to your subject. This will help people who have already seen the original.
It may even encourage wider membership of the other lists. Please avoid the
scatter-gun approach of just posting the same question straight away to all
of the lists. This generates wasted bandwidth, is a particular irritant for
those on multiple lists and uses up storage in our archive. Many thanks for
your co-operation.

-- Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk