[AccessD] Sending text direct to printer, take 2

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue May 15 03:49:24 CDT 2007

Hi Larry

That is not possible just like that.

The easiest method is to create a local or shared printer which prints to a port which is (re)directed to the IP address. That will normally require a printer server in front of the printer as these printers typically do not have a built-in printer server. This is probably the setup you have - or you would not wish to print to an IP address ...

Another method is to map or redirect one of the old - from DOS - printer ports, LTP1 to LPT3, to the IP address.
As these ports are handled like files, you can modify your code this way:

Open "LPT2" For Output As #1

/gustav

>>> lmrazek at lcm-res.com 14-05-2007 22:47 >>>

Hi:

Thanks to Gustav, I have some code that works on my local machine ... however, I'll need to print to an IP address, and I haven't been able to find the syntax.

This Works:
Dim PrtStr As String
PrtStr = "Printer Test Text llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"
Open "\\HPLaptop\HPOFFICEJET" For Output As #1
rint #1, PrtStr
Close #1

This doesn't (no errors, basically nothing)
Dim PrtStr As String
PrtStr = "Printer Test Text llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"
Open "10.0.2.22" For Output As #1
Print #1, PrtStr
Close #1

Anyone have any ideas?