[AccessD] OT AJAX question

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu May 17 13:58:28 CDT 2007

Just remember for international web apps  charset=iso-8859-1
will only work for the Americas and Western Europe, someone
from Russia whose Windows codepage is iso-8859-5 will get
funny looking characters due to wrong transliteration of characters.
So you might want to keep UTF-8 even though 3 bytes are
sent for every character representation.

I noticed that even Google Desktop Search Engine hadn't taken
this into consideration with their returned XML.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.