[AccessD] Access app using Outlook contacts

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sat May 19 11:55:44 CDT 2007

Thanks I'm investigating these links along with Outlook's Object Model.

I haven't done any Outlook contacts integration work before and the only VBA
I've done in Outlook was in regards to messaging & emails. I generally hold
all contact information in a database (where it should be ;o)

My original idea was that Outlook must maintain a unique identifier for each
contact that I could use as a primary key - contact ID - in my contacts
table. I would then programmatically retrieve the textual contact
information for the chosen contact ID from Outlook when needed.

This could all be a very dumb idea but my good to bad idea percentages can
take the hit ;o)