[AccessD] Library Forms

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon May 21 05:43:57 CDT 2007

Although I have never tried, I do not believe this is possible.  IIRC
Opening a form in another container can only be done one of two ways, using
automation to manipulate an instance of that container or by referencing
that container and then using code in that container to open the desired
form.  In either case the form would just open, not be a subform of a form.

Since all of the subforms will reside in the main application container, I
think you are going to be faced with placing a copy of the main form in the
application container.  As long as you use classes / code stored in the
library to manipulate the main form and its subforms, you will still have
control over the code maintenance.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting