[AccessD] Great SMOKEY MOUNTAIN AccessD Conference

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu May 24 19:45:22 CDT 2007

I just received a copy of Visual Studio 2005 .net Standard Edition.  I will
be giving it away in a drawing to attendees of the Great SMOKEY MOUNTAIN
AccessD Conference, scheduled for the weekend of June 23rd.  Sign up now and
plan to attend.

Anyone interested in attending should speak up so that I know how many to
plan for.

Anyone who wishes to make a presentation please say so, so that I can make a
schedule.  Individual presentations should be 45 minutes to 1 hour.  If you
have a topic that will take longer, no problem, simply break it down into 1
hour segments.  If you have something really cool that will only take a few
minutes, again no problem.  The agenda will be sessions from 9am to noon,
1:30 pm to 4:30 pm on Saturday.  I can and will provide enough class /
framework material to fill up that time should there be no takers on
presentations, but in the interests of YOUR sanity, consider doing a session
on your own subject of expertise.  If there is enough content, we can spill
over into Sunday, 1/2 day or a full day, your choice.  If there is HUGE
attendance and resulting HUGE content then we can spill over to either
weekday on either side of the weekend.

As for the most important issue... I have a largish propane BBQ and will
provide a BBQ dinner on Saturday the 23rd.  Donations accepted but never
required.  The menu will be Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts a la Sam's
club, a rack of ribs (more if a large turnout), Corn on the cob, sweet
potatoes, potato salad and green salad, and whatever I can rustle up for
desert.  If anyone wants to bring or fix something special of their own,
feel free.

There was a lot of interest for a date in September.  I will do a repeat
performance in September if there is still interest.  Someone propose a date
for September.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting