[AccessD] Word/Access question

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed May 30 05:49:25 CDT 2007

An excellent point, Bryan. I too have been there and done that, and it leads
me to the conclusion that the remoters ought to have their own local copy
which is synchronized whenever they succeed in a connection. I am very well
acquainted with the replication technology, and I deem you correct: that is
the best alternative, given the flakiness of the satellite connections.

This means I need to roll out an installation, and Sage is not within
budget. I have a vbScript which can do most if not all of it, so I guess I
will try that and see how it works. A test case or three, load and go, see
what happens. We are still in test phase, so no result can hurt the real
data.

It's been a while since I did Access replication, but I know the turf pretty
well, so a couple of slaps in the face ought to remind me of everything I've
forgotten. :)

A.