[AccessD] adhScaleForm - use with subforms

Carolyn Johnson cjlabs at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 30 15:53:52 CDT 2007

Access2000, WinXP

I have been using adhScaleForm in my database without a problem until now --
trying to change subforms.

I have a subform with a tab control.   Depending on a field on the main
form, the pages of the tab control vary.   There are 5 possible values on
the main form, each one resulting in a different set of 5 pages on the tab
control.  The simplest approach (in theory) seems to be to have 5 different
subforms -- the appropriate subform for the main field control is assigned
as the source object on the Form_Current property as the value changes.

My problem is that I need to resize the subform as it becomes the new source
object on the main form.    If I run the adhScaleForm code from the subform
when it opens as the new source object, I get an error that SetFormSize is
not available, the subform IS resized, but it is in the wrong location.

Has anyone dealt with the adhScaleForm code and switching subforms?

Obviously, another option is to have all the pages on one tab control and
make only the relevant ones visible, based on the main form, but each page
has a fair amount of code associated with it, and it seems simpler to keep
them separate, if I can solve the resizing issue.

TIA,
Carolyn Johnson