[AccessD] How to repair corrupt database

Lembit Soobik lembit.dbamail at t-online.de
Thu May 31 07:29:50 CDT 2007

Some years I buildt a small script which does that for me.
I used ClickExe, which I think may not be available other than in Germany
since it uses German words for commands (otherwise I would not mind giving
it to DBA). Also, it is pretty simple and probably much easier to do with
some .net or such.
It uses a little Access 97 db to buld ini files.
I use this for an Excel worksheet which I update almost daily.
I keep the last 5 copies as backup.
When I want to open that worksheet, I open the script instead, which opens
the worksheet for me.
when I close the worksheet, the script checks whether it was updated and
only if so, it will delete the oldest backup, then shift all the others up
and copy the newest one into the youngest backup slot.
I am using it for several different worksheets and pick them from alist when
I open the script.
I planned to use it for Access db development as well, however I have not
yet extended the script to handle more than one file (need FE and BE at
least to back up).
I think this idea would be helpfull for making automated backups for Access
and other files, once put into a better program than this ClickExe, which is
very cumersome to handle.

Anyway, if somebody likes to start on it  and wants that script, or the
Access db, no problem, just let me know.

Lembit