[AccessD] VBA abandoned in Office 2008 for Mac (Ken Ismert)

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu May 31 12:49:30 CDT 2007

>if they drop VBA, Excel loses its edge.

Not if:

A) They include .net as an alternative
B) The current VBA programmers migrate.

VBA is a lot easier to use, especially since the editor is built right into
the environment (Access / Excel / Word).  I give MS credit for FINALLY
pushing out DOS/Old windows compatibility decades after they finally quit
producing those products.  I think it is fair to assume that they will
eventually do the same with VBA.  They have given us programmers a fair
amount of time to migrate.  Many of us (myself included) still have not.
Some people require a FIRM push to force us to change.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting