[AccessD] Getting Results from SQL SVR into a Continuous form

Darren D darren at activebilling.com.au
Mon Nov 12 16:44:33 CST 2007

Hi team

Access 2003

I am running select statements to get results from an SQL dB

Then looping through the rs object and populating temp tables with the results -
Then I am 'binding' my forms to these temp tables for display

This all works fine - no Prob - I was just wondering if it is possible to cut
out the middle man -

I mean ditch the temp tables and somehow populate a continuous form with the
various results straight from the rs object

EG Select AccountNo, AccountName, ContactPerson from tblAccounts may return
say.10 records each with 3 fields of data

How then do I get these results from the rs object in code into a continuous
form without populating a temp table first?

Also - Are there any advantages doing it this way or is using a temp table
perfectly reasonable?

Many thanks in advance

Have a great day

Darren