[AccessD] An Excel 2007 Observation

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Nov 13 08:11:13 CST 2007

I installed Office 2007 on a server where I already had Office 2003
installed.  I use Office 2003 (specifically Excel) on that machine quite a
bit.  this morning I just double clicked on a spreadsheet and it was loaded
in Excel 2007 (Office 2007 apparently replaced my file type mappings).  I
checked the task manager memory usage and it was 20.6 mb for Excel with that
specific spreadsheet.  I then closed Excel 2007, opened Excel 2003 and then
loaded the same spreadsheet.  The memory usage was 10.5 mb.

And BTW, there was no noticeable delay switching between the two versions,
nor did it request a disk etc.  I will do more testing on that subject later
when the server isn't working heavily on SQL Server stuff.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting