[AccessD] Programming Font

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Nov 15 12:13:03 CST 2007

Hi all

I got so tired of the "normal" programming fonts that I did some research.
The new font from MS for the purpose is Consolas, but it is too tight.

Here's a great source on monospaced fonts for programming:

http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~luc/mono.html

It also has a link for this site:

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?GoodProgrammerTypeface

where I located this quite good font:

http://www.ms-studio.com/FontSales/anonymous.html

Also, the SaxMono and Verily and Share-Tech font here:

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=503

I stopped at Dutchfonts - the page is huge and several links are broken.
After all I ended up with Lucida Console which still is the best due to the readability of this test:

1. Number 1, lowercase L, lower/uppercase I:
1lIi

2. Zero, uppercase O, uppercase slashed O:
0OØ

3. The four sets of brackets etc:
<{[()]}>

4. Quote combo: