[AccessD] (no subject)

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Nov 17 20:15:30 CST 2007

Folks (the Americans out there anyway), I don't normally do this but I think
this is a huge opportunity to help the world, and time is running out for
one particular aspect of this program.  What I am talking about is the One
Laptop Per Child program which is just getting off the ground.  The link
below is to the web page for the organization that is running this program.
I have been there, it is legit and will not load any nasties on your system.

You can see reviews here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/04/technology/circuits/04pogue.html?_r=1&oref
=slogin

With links to this same website where you can participate:

http://www.laptopgiving.org/en/index.php

We can make a difference by simply donating (tax deductible) a laptop, or
you can do a "give one get one" where you essentially pay for two and one is
sent to you, and another is sent to a child in a developing nation.  THAT
offer expires on November 26th so if you want to participate in that, do it
now.

This thing is very real, not a scam, and I have been watching it develop for
several years.  The "Give one get one" program is a limited time deal and
only lasts for another 10 days which is why I think now is the time to think
about this if you have a youngster that could use such a system (and who
doesn't)?

I also don't EVER do this but I am making an exception now; I would ask you
to send this email on to other acquaintances who might be interested.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting