[AccessD] A2003:Command line to start SQL QA No longer works

Darren D darren at activebilling.com.au
Mon Nov 26 17:28:21 CST 2007

Hi All

Cross posted to DBASQL

>From an Access 2003 APP - I use a command line - built from a string - to spark
up Query Analyser

It used to work - Now it no longer works - I get the error

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]SQLServer does not exist or
access is denied

When I click OK - I get another error message.

Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionOpen (Connect())

The general syntax I use to spark up QA is.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\isqlw.exe"  -S MyServer -d
MydB -E

This has worked in the past and just 'stopped' in the last few days - not sure
why

I did delete all my old - no longer used - DSN's form the DSN folder - That's
all I can recall

(I have since recreated a few - still no joy)

Any clues? - Many thanks in advance

Darren