[AccessD] Office 2007 Ribbon Bars

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Nov 1 12:15:06 CDT 2007

Hi Jim

No cigar here. Neither with 2006 replaced with 2007.

/gustav

>>> jimdettman at verizon.net 01-11-2007 17:15:11 >>>
John,

  Got this, but I haven't tried it:

For those of you who want to completely get rid of the ribbon--here are the
steps:

1. Create a new table called USysRibbons.
2. Add two fields RibbonName (text) and RibbonXML (Memo).
3. Create a new record with the name "Blank" (doesn't really matter what you
call it). Also add the following XML:
<CustomUI
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/CustomUI"><Ribbon
startFromScratch="true"/></CustomUI>
4. Restart your database.
5. Go into the Office Button | Access Options. Click on the Current
Database.
6. In the Toolbars Option set the Custom Ribbon Id to Blank (name in step
3).
7. Restart the database.

HTH,
Jim.