[AccessD] Blanks in text box

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Nov 14 00:20:49 CST 2007

A.D.:

A modification.  Or subset.  Looking at your code I could see that it was
the .Text property that I was missing.  So instead of making the row source
WHERE clauses from the text boxes, I stored the contents of the text boxes
in strings using the .Text property (strLastName = Me.txtLastName.Text).
The strings have the trailing blank so I use the strings to construct the
WHERE clause instead of the contents of the text boxes.

This works well to insert one blank.  But it won't do more than one blank.
I know how to solve this with a bit of code but I have  to ask the client if
that's really necessary.  The original requirement for the blank was a
company named R & R.  The client wanted to filter on that.  I think the need
to filter on a string that contains two blanks is astronomically small.  But
I'll ask.

With best regards,

Rocky