[AccessD] SendObject Attachments

max.wanadoo at gmail.com max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 11:31:39 CST 2007

Well Rocky,
As an alternative why not buy a client-domain and host it with a low-cost
ISP (minimum costs these days)* then give your clients the ability to send
emails from within your Access package (using CDO - no email client
required). You can then build in all the paramaters into your package with
zero installation overheads (you control all the values necessary).  You
could sell this to them as "Added-Value" with/without an price.  The
activation key could be part of the Licence Code.  When turned on, they can
use it, otherwise not (nice little popup inviting them to upgrade)

You could also have client-specific web pages for each client.  Get them to
sign up to a no-spam clause and drop them from the "approved list" if they
break this.  Enhancement could be a unique selling point!

Max
* or host the domain with your own PC if it has permanent internet
connection.  Traffic would be low and easily within the capabilities of a
standard PC.  I use Abyss (v1 is free, v2 is lowcost).
Ps. You can also automat the sending of error driven emails direct to your
computers from theirs.  Imagine their surprise when you call them the next
day and say "I see you had a problem, here is the solution".