[AccessD] MIMO-G router

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:29:27 CST 2007

Actually snaking cable through wood stud walls is pretty easy if you
get the right tool. I bought a wire snake or fish tape maybe it's
called at one o the home supply stores a few years back and it really
works well.

This looks like mine.
http://www.mytoolstore.com/klein/kln21.html

Espeically if you have good access to the wall cavity at either end of
the run. You would need to cut a hole in the wall where the cable
would end up and then you could fish that fish tape through to the
other end. You might als need to drill a hole though the wood at the
top of the wall for the wire to go through. But maybe not. Then you
just go down along between the insulation and the sheetrock inside the
wall. It would help a lot to have two people so one can watch for the
end to appear in the hole or out the top of the wall depending on
which way you are going. Then you just attach the cable you are
running to the end of the fish tape and pull it through. I've used
mine to run Speaker wires, Coax for TV cable, phone wire and ethernet
at various times. It's still WORK of course and it takes some time but
once you do it you will wonder why you didn't do it before. Now if
there are block walls or brick walls or if you have to go several
floors its s bit tougher but still not impossible.

GK.

--
Gary Kjos
garykjos at gmail.com