[AccessD] Troubleshooting Opinions

Lawrence Mrazek lmrazek at lcm-res.com
Tue Nov 27 20:38:17 CST 2007

Hi Folks:

I have an application written in Access 97 (yes, some people refuse to
upgrade ...), and have been getting reports back from the client regarding
some db problems. The db is a FE/BE configuration, with the BE on a network
share in a peer-to-peer network.

1. They're experiencing wierdness when entering records ... Sometimes the
new record switches to an existing record.
2. They can't pull up (or only sometimes) linked word documents.

This db has been cooking along quite nicely for over 10 yrs ... I'm thinking
that the problems they're experiencing are either network related or due to
a firewall being overly assertive. But perhaps this could be a corruption of
the BE?

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
www.lcm-res.com