[AccessD] Programmatically change cell formulae in Ecel

Wed Nov 28 14:21:42 CST 2007

Try just

	Range("E6") = strFormula

Works for me.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:10 PM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues; Access Developers discussion
and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Programmatically change cell formulae in Ecel

Sorry for the double-post but I'm desperate.

I'm trying to change cell formulae in Excel using VBA code and am running
into two different problems (well, maybe problem 2 will disappear when I
figure out problem 1).

I have a string stored like this:

Dim strFormula as String
strFormula "=VLOOKUP(A6,'S:\Lgroup\Fundacct\Excel\!INVPORT\CSV Files\Sep
07\[# of securities.xls]SOI'!$B$3:$C$100,2,TRUE)"

I am trying to assign it to the formula of a cell like this:

Range("E6").Formula = strFormula

What happens is that it gets pasted in as text, NOT as the formula. I tried
removing the equals sign and assigning the rest to the formula of the cell,
but that didn't work either.

I'm way behind on a deadline and I have to get this working. Any assistance
greatly appreciated!

TIA,
Arthur