[AccessD] Convert to 2007; Dependencies

steve scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com
Wed Nov 28 21:46:57 CST 2007

My initial attempts at converting Acc2000 mdbs to Acc07 have been not going
well.  It will convert, but at the end it tells me that Object Name
Dependencies must be mapped, and that Track Name Autocorrect must be turned
on, before the app will actually work.  I can see all the objects in the
left side navigation pane, and Acc07 presented me with a right pane showing
the Dependencies, but I can't figure out how to trigger that action. What am
I missing?  The converted file is essentially unworkable.

Coincidentally, I accidentally stumbled on that problem in the Acc2000
database (a 7 years old db) for the very first time today.  I pulled an
Front end table into design mode, and looked at its properties.  Then I get
that the very same Dependencies message that I've never seen before.
Happily, the dialog box offered to turn on Track AutoName Correct, and began
the process, which took about 15 minutes to do.  I don't know what's
different or why this is required.  I've always shied away from the
TrackNameAutocorrect because I don't like Access doing things without me
knowing.

Internet searches for this issue turn up very little.  Help!

Steve Capistrant
Symphony Information Services
www.symphonyinfo.com
Email:  scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com