[AccessD] consulting fees

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 09:12:06 CDT 2007

First, you have to define bug and an unspecified request for change.

A bug is something they asked for, but isn't working as they expected. If
you can determine that the problem is on their end -- they didn't supply the
right parameters, etc. -- you might try to charge for fixing that, but the
convincing might take more time than just fixing the dang thing.

If you made the mistake, you fix it for free.

Changing something they don't like is up in the air -- if it's a simple fix,
do it for the sake of good will. If it's going to take some time, send them
a quote.

Or, you could put them on a monthly service fee and do whatever they like as
they crop up. This seems to be a popular trend, but I can see the sell being
difficult for smaller applications.

Susan H.