[AccessD] Access as web backend

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Thu Oct 25 10:13:18 CDT 2007

I'll dig into the web developer's code and let you know. I have no
experience with asp so at the moment I am clueless.
Jim hale

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Lawrence
Mrazek
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:22 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Access as web backend

Hi Jim:

How are you connecting to the db? Basically, what type of connection
string
are you using? (DSNLESS, OBDC, ADO, OLEDB, etc.)

I've run sites off Access and generally haven't had any problems. You
want
to make sure your recordsets only pull the data you need (avoid the
"select
* from tblproduct" type statements).

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
www.lcm-res.com
lmrazek at lcm-res.com
ph. 314-432-5886
mobile: 314-496-1645

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or
other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer. As a recipient of this email,
you are responsible for screening its contents and the contents of any
attachments for the presence of viruses. No liability is accepted for
any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email.