[AccessD] Access Toolbar Question

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 20:56:48 CDT 2007

Version: A2k3, classic FE/BE arrangement.
No Customization of Toolbars. Central UI is the classic switchboard,
customized by me.
Problem: When running an MDB crosstab report, that is date-scoped, one
cannot predict the number of columns (let's say it's scoped by day), but the
user may choose something larger or smaller than the default "this week"
date range. So one cannot predict the number of columns, and therefore a
report as such is out of the question, since it's a crosstab. The obvious
alternative (already in place) is to DoCmd.RunCommand.OpenQuery(blablabla),
which works a treat. However, the "Export to Excel" button has disappeared
from the toolbar. I want to provide a one-click "export to Excel" of the
resultant xtab and in Excel the user can format and customize to suit.

I am aware that this is a tad the "lazy man's approach" but I'm doing this
for a friend and I've already spent way more time satisfying petty
requirements than the pay deserves, but that's what you get for hiring me.
The friend in question is perfectly willing to accept an Excel spreadsheet
as the output. Given that I'm in a query, however, rather than a form, I
can't exactly plonk on a button. Said "Export to Excel" button used to be
there, but I don't know where it's gone.

Any suggestions? (I've never had joy with custom toolbars; perhaps because I
never understood them fully, but that's beside the point.) I just want to
locate and reveal those "Export" buttons, most importantly Excel but perhaps
also including the Word button.

What to do?

TIA,
Arthur