[AccessD] Whatamess

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Sep 6 11:22:06 CDT 2007

OK, so the "method" provided by access of getting rid of the s_GUID fields
created by the replication process is to use make table queries to "copy"
the tables.  I did so.  What is NOT mentioned (and I STUPIDLY failed to
think about) is that a make table query is pure sql and as such does not
copy such things as default values and format properties for the fields in
the table.

WHATAMESS!!!

So, does anyone have code already written that will step through a "from/to"
table pair and set the properties of the fields in the to table to match the
from table?

IOW, if a field in the old table had a default value of zero for a number,
the field in the new table does not have a default value, so set the default
value to 0 in that field of the new table.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting