[AccessD] Returning only numbers from a phone number field

rusty.hammond at cpiqpc.com rusty.hammond at cpiqpc.com
Thu Sep 6 12:09:15 CDT 2007

Is there a built in function that would return only the numbers from a text
field?  I have a table that allows the users to enter a phone number however
they like, ie with or without parentheses or dashes or dots or any
combination of them.

I would like to extract only the numbers (0-9) from this field.  Is there
anything built in to Access 2003 to do this or do I just need to create my
own little function to do it?

TIA,

Rusty Hammond

WARNING: All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received,
scanned or otherwise recorded by the CPI Qualified Plan Consultants, Inc.
corporate e-mail system and is subject to archival, monitoring or review
by, and/or disclosure to, someone other than the recipient.