[AccessD] FTP Problem

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:34:34 CDT 2007

Hello All,

I finally found where I got my ftp code...

http://www.databaseadvisors.com/newsletters/newsletter200503/0503howtocreateanftpclientwithinaccess/howtocreateanftpclientwithinaccess.asp

"By William Hindman,Darren Dick, and Jim Lawrence "

This code has been running 24/7 for the last few years...no problem.  Last
week something changed with my ISP...and of course they are telling me the
problem is with whatever program I am using to FTP(after I explain what FTP
is)...anyway...here is the problem:

I can use IE to navigate to the site...I can see the files...I can download
them...the problem is when I do it via code.  I can connect and open the FTP
directory.  When the code brings back the first file found...it is mostly
"empty rectangles" with some of the file name mixed in...and it can't parse
out the name.  I'm pretty sure it has something to do with them changing
servers.

Anyone have any ideas as why the file name would be returned 'garbled'...or
what I need to find out from them?

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte